Thursday, February 23, 2017

What Do We Burn Apart From Witches, or Thoughts on Monty Python and The Witchy Blog Post

You should know by now that I spend just about as much time thinking up a clever blog title with layers of pop culture nuance and meta-references as I do actually writing the post.  I’ve written enough of these movie reviews that I can now group them by genre and theme.  The best example is all my witch movies; I started with a quote from my favorite scene in Monty Python and The Holy Grail (1975), the witch trial with Connie Booth (Polly!) for my review of The Witch (2015).  That led to Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013), and The Lords of Salem (2012) and of course the Blair Witch (2016) and now it’s kinda sorta become a tradition here at supermovie antonio.  Every witch movie I write about from here on will have a reference to that scene.  I’m obsessive, and I take things to far; it’s my greatest strength and my fatal flaw.





my first novel?  thanks for asking:)  it’s a the first book in a 4-volume supernatural martial arts series chock full of killer kung-fu witches, haunted carnivals, punk rock assassins, and a 24-hour diner with the best pie in town…
read for free on kindle unlimited or buy the paperback, available at fine bookstores everywhere (amazon).